Queen Bacon On Instagram

Instagram

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Macaroon butter!!!!

I see everyone on social media posting about "cookie butter" .
Now before I go bashing it,  let me tell you I have never tasted it,  and I have never even picked up a jar to look at the ingredients.   I have safely assumed from afar that it has gluten,  some sort of icky seed oil, and some icky sweetner.  I could be wrong,  but I don't want to set myself up to eat something that will make me sick.

So here I am posting a super easy recipe for something I know my low carb friends will love,  and my Paleo people will adore!

First is a couple of hints:
-Making nut butters is not as easy as it looks on YouTube  and it is not any easier in a vitamix (but I don't have the grain grinder)
-Making coconut butter is super easy,  you should almost never pay for it!
-I always buy my nuts from the bulk bins to save money (unsweetened coconut,  almonds,  walnuts,  cashiews etc)

Macaroon Butter
3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
3 cups raw almonds
1Tbsp vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger (ground dried spice kind)
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Sweetner of your choice if needed (I used 2 droppers full of liquid stevia)
Coconut oil if need
And whatever appliance you use to make nut butters: vitamix,  ninja,  food Processor,  etc...

Put your coconut in the blender and turn on medium.  Do this step first because coconut turns to butter very easily and you will need little to no coconut oil at the end.   Blend till it is liquid coconut butter goodness, (about 1.5 mins in my vitamix)
Add everything else and blend, you may or may not need to use your tamper,  add coconut oil if it looks to thick and just won't budge.
When it gets to your desired consistency enjoy! !!!

Let me know what you think in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment